BooksToFilms.com is owned and operated by Books to Films, Inc.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for Books to Films, Inc. website www.BookstoFilms.com.
A Special Note About Minors
Minors are not eligible to use our services, and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) not submit any material/information without the legal consent of parents or guardians to us.
Information We Collect
All information provided is confidential. We respect your privacy. Books to Films will not disclose any information unless required by the law to do so.
- Further, all members have to acknowledge that their right to use the services provided by Books to Films is personal. These services cannot be passed on to anyone else.
- Any personal information that we require from you will be only for administrative and communication purposes.
- We may need some of the work that we have done for you as testimonials for Books to Films. However, we will always seek your consent before we use your material.
Please note that your personally identifiable information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States. The laws regarding the handling of personal data in the United States may differ from the laws of other countries but, as we explain below, Books to Films, Inc will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of www.BookstoFilms.com. “Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing customized services.
We use a third-party advertising company to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. That advertising company may also collect anonymous information about your visits to www.BookstoFilms.com. This is primarily accomplished through the use of a technology device, commonly referred to as a Web beacon, cookie or an action tag, which is placed on various Web pages within our website or in an HTML e-mail that allows the third-party advertising company to collect anonymous information. There may also be a number of services offered by external service providers that help you use www.BookstoFilms.com. If you choose to use these optional services, and in the course of doing so, disclose information to the external service providers, and/or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by their private policies, if any.
Some of the third-party advertisers that we use have their own privacy policies and may allow you to opt out of having your information collected as discussed above.
Our Use of Your Information
We use information in the files we maintain about you, and the other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the website to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms & Agreement. At times, we may review the data of multiple members to identify problems or resolve disputes.
You agree that we may use personally identifiable information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze www.BookstoFilms.com usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize www.BookstoFilms.com content, layout, and services. These uses improve www.BookstoFilms.com and may better tailor them to meet your needs.
You agree that we may use your information to contact you and to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of www.BookstoFilms.com. By accepting this PrivacyPolicy, you expressly agree to receive this information.
You may use the following options for removing your information from our e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters.
- Click on the Unsubscribe or Update Your Email Preferences link at the bottom of the e-mail;
- Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional e-mails you wish to opt-out of:
Books to Films, Inc.
512 Northampton Street
Kingston, PA 18704
- Visit the Help section of www.BookstoFilms.com or send us an email at Contact Us.; OR
- Go to the e-mail preferences page from your account home page, and update your email settings there.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be used or disclosed:
- Financial Information. Under some circumstances, we may require certain additional information, including but not limited to your credit card billing information. We use this financial information, including your name, address, and other information to bill you for use of our services. By making a purchase, or engaging in any other kind of activity or transaction that uses financial information on www.BookstoFilms.com, you consent to our providing of your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we determine necessary to support and process your activities and transactions, as well as to your credit card issuer for its purposes. These third parties may include the credit card companies and banking institutions used to process and support your transaction or activity. By purchasing, or registering for, or making reservations for products or services of third parties offered on www.BookstoFilms.com, or by participating in programs offered on www.BookstoFilms.com that are administered by third parties and that require you to submit financial information in order to use them, you also consent to our providing your financial information to those third parties. Any of these various third parties may be authorized to use your financial information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Additionally, you agree that we may use and disclose all information submitted to such third parties in the same manner in which we are entitled to use and disclose any other information that you submit to us.
- Advertisers. We aggregate (gather up data across multiple members’ accounts) personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, password, credit card number and bank account number, are never disclosed to marketing advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness.
- Legal Requests. Books to Films, Inc cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with any investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
- Surveys. From time-to-time, we may request information via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary, and you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code, and age). Survey information collected will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of www.BookstoFilms.com.
Your Use of Other Members’ Information
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Information
Following registration, you can review and change the information you submitted during registration. For instructions on how to do so, visit the Help section of www.BookstoFilms.com. If you change your password and email address, we will retain a record of your old password and email address. You can also change your registration information, such as name, address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, etc.
Upon your notification, we will remove your membership from our active databases as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our policy and applicable law.
We will retain in our files information you have requested be removed from our active databases for certain purposes, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms & Conditions. Further, such prior information may never be completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored ‘back up’ systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to any request you may submit.
Control of Your Password
Other Information Collectors
Books to Films, Inc uses industry standard practices, including “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information. Books to Films, Inc treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by others inside and outside books to Films, Inc. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.